The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services. Generally, we collect the following information from or about you:
Contact and Demographic Information. We may collect your name, contact information, demographic details, property address, and other information through the Services; We may keep this information and combine it with other information we collect about your activities on and use of our Services.
Site Activities. We may collect information about your activities on the Site, apps, and your use of the Services.
Other Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect information about your use of our Site, apps or Services through cookies, web beacons, java script, log files and other technologies, including: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your activities within the apps; date and time stamp, and the length of time you visit our Site, or are logged in or use our Services; your IP address; the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site; device ID; device name and model; location and language information. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services. For example, we may send you information about a property you are interested in, and others that you may be interested in.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes, such as analyzing market trends, fair market values, reporting on comparable properties, and other purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Other Users. Any information that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, and text will be available to, and searchable by, all users of Services.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Third Party Partners. We may share your name, contact details and demographic details with certain third parties, who may use this information to contact you with offers and information you may be interested in, or for other research and analytics purposes.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de- identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests.
You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Services. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Some features of our Site and Services may not function if you disable cookies.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Plug-ins and Social Media Widgets
User Generated Content
We may invite you to post content on our Site, including your comments, reviews, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Site. If you post content to our Site, all of the information that you post will be available to other users of the Services. If you post your own content on our Site or Services, your posting may become public and Veev cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access To My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or Application for a period of time.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at by mail at Veev Legal Department, 777 Mariners Island Blvd, Suite #150, San Mateo, California 94404, or by email at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically.
We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site and apps. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.